Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

If you can find this you already know too much, and must be eliminated. Good bye.

2 posters

Improving the Wind Dancer

Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Improving the Wind Dancer Empty Improving the Wind Dancer

Post  Alec Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:06 am

I think you could make the wind dancer pretty sweet if you just took the default monk class and stacked the wind abilities on top of it (basically, just take out the things that don't seem in character for the wind dancer).

Flurry of blows and improved unarmed strikes makes the monk class, and having two attacks at -2 to hit is actually about as good as any level one character could ask for (same penalty as dual wielding with the feats ambidexterity, two weapon fighting and improved two weapon fighting).

Included in Flurry of blows is the ability to use certain monk flavored weapons, and you can modify the list to a windy flavor (scimitars or whatever).

Also, unarmed damage increases with level, and monks can choose to do lethal or nonlethal damage without penalty either way.

Wisdom bonus to AC and a +1 AC bonus every five levels is also good.

The thing is, they lose all their powers if they wear armor, which is kind of a pain because it means to get high AC as a monk you need high dexterity and wisdom, but you still need strength for damage and constitution to not get punked.

Monks totally get improved evasion, btw.
    lolquivo
    lolquivo

Improving the Wind Dancer Empty Re: Improving the Wind Dancer

Post  lolquivo Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:03 pm

first of all improved evasion is way worse than i though it was, kinda. i will work on the wind dancer as soon as a finish the rulebook things i need to work on.
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Post  Alec Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:08 am

Is uncanny dodge what you were thinking of?
    lolquivo
    lolquivo

Post  lolquivo Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 am

no, but its irrelevant anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm