Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

If you can find this you already know too much, and must be eliminated. Good bye.

2 posters

Might sound crazy...

AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

Might sound crazy... Empty Might sound crazy...

Post  AwesomelyK Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:57 pm

but I feel that two weapon fighting is amazing. I'd like to propose that we augment in a -1 to weapon skill penalty on the second strike. You'll still be able to strike twice. Maybe even adapt in a skill through combat that makes the character more proficient with two weapon fighting.
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Might sound crazy... Empty Re: Might sound crazy...

Post  Alec Sat May 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Actually I completely agree, using two weapons is way stronger in normal mordheim than any other option. At the very least dual wielding models need to suffer a -1 to hit with ALL attacks they make while dual wielding. I have some more severe methods of dampening dual wielding that we might consider in the future, but for now this is a good stopgap.

Also I'm hesitant to add a skill that negates the penalty for dual wielding because dual wielding still winds up being the dominant end game setup for melee heroes after they pick the skill up.

Hopefully we've helped armor be more feasible by removing reduction due to attack strength, buffing shields to include parry and adding more defensive skills. We may still want to make armor cheaper if we decide we want it to be more than just a warband leader luxury item.
    AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

Post  AwesomelyK Sat May 08, 2010 7:59 pm

-1 to hit is a excellent idea, so to is the excluding of a skill that negates the - 1 to hit. However, I feel we can include some skills that may keep duel wielding in the same medium as two hand weapons and spear/shield combo's. It's going to be tricky to find the right balance, but I feel the stopgap right now is a nice move in that direction.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 am