Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

If you can find this you already know too much, and must be eliminated. Good bye.

2 posters

War logs of Mordheim.

AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

War logs of Mordheim. Empty War logs of Mordheim.

Post  AwesomelyK Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:17 am

Going to use this thread to post my play tests. I encourage you guys to play test as well with Modified Mordheim rules.

Play test number 3. (I didn't record the other two play tests but I told Alec about them) Clan Enshin Skaven vs Dwarf Treasure Hunters. Scenario Chance Encounter. Ten Skaven (6 heroes) vs 7 Dwarves (2 heroes).

Warband setups Skaven: 6 heroes, Assassin Adept equipped with fighting claws and light armor (leather) a 9+ roll on rare chart for fighting claws. Gained Art of Silent death from special skill list. Two black skaven's one equipped with fighting claws one with 1 sword. One Eshin Sorcerer with flail equipped and Magical Aptitude, spell Black Fury. (see rules) Two night runners both equipped with one sword each, no skills. Henchmen four verminkin, 1 pack of 2 with spears and bucklers, 1 pack of 1 with 1 sword, 1 pack of 1 with club and buckler.

Warband setup Dwarfs: 1 Noble (leader) with 1 pistol and 1 hand axe skills Pistolier (see rules). 1 Engineer Master chief with 1 hammer and 1 pistol skill True Grit. 5 henchmen four thunderers three equipped with crossbows, one with handgun. 1 beardling equipped with axe, shield and light armor leather.

Log of the match:

Skaven win first turn on roll of dice.

Round 1 - Skaven move near middle building in initial turn. No further movement after use. Dwarfs counter and deploy in section B inside a building, dwarfs reposition for better ranged shots. Round 1 ends.
    Round 2 - Skaven move and advance, splitting forces for attack on exposed dwarfs. Dwarf counter with ranged attack on Night runners 1 successful hit no wounds counted.
    Round 3 - Skaven move in for close combat two night runners engage thunder with crossbow, two hits scored no wounds dwarf thunderer counters but misses. Thunderer with handgun lands successful ranged shot hit plus wound on one night runner, causing a out of action. Night runner is put out of action. One skaven verminkin is engaged by thunderer with crossbow, one successful hit no wounds counted. Round three combat resolution skaven night runner passes leadership test no penalties.
    Round 4 - Skaven Assassin Adept engages Dwarf noble, a running charge, two misses with fighting claws. Dwarf engineer is engaged by spear verminkin attack is missed. Eshin sorcerer successfully casts Black fury and is transformed into an rabid rat beast, avoiding obstacles and running through a wall the sorcerer engages a dwarf clansmen, two misses with transformed paws a third swipe causes 1 hit and wound resulting in a stun. Across the street two verminkin engage a thunderer in hand-to-hand combat, both fail to land a blow. During combat with remaining night runner the dwarf thunderer was critically hit resulting in a out of action. Dwarfs battle fiercely noble fires two point blank shots at the assassin adept but miss. 1 miss on a volley against the skaven night runner from a thunderer equipped with handgun. Thunderer fails attack with a crossbow bolt to the back of transformed sorcerer. Thunderer misses with fists on a verminkin equipped with a club and buckler. No flees in combat resolution. Heroes passed leadership tests.
    Round 5 - Dwarfs pass rout test, skaven continue assault. Two black skaven move into better close combat position, one attacks a clansmen from the back, but misses. Black fury fades on sorcerer, chant and cast occurs but it fizzles, using magical aptitude skill, a toughness attribute is passed, but the second cast is failed. Sorcerer does not transform. Clansmen is then attacked by the sorcerer and put out of action on a successful flail attack, armor saves failed. Two misses on dwarf noble, a critical hit then occurs on the dwarf engineer from a black skaven fighting claw back stab, causing a stun, Out of action was adverted due to true grit skill. Verminkin misses on frontal spear strike. Night runner attacks dwarf thunderer with handgun and puts him out of action with a sweeping slice from his blade. Verminskin stuns a thunderer with a thrust from sword, verminskin wielding a club fails to hit stunned thunderer. Dwarf leader calls a full retreat and rout.

End result of scenario skaven win.
    Wyrdstones acquired six per warband.
    Skaven have one hero advancement, dwarfs have one dead thunderer.
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

War logs of Mordheim. Empty Re: War logs of Mordheim.

Post  Alec Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 am

Screen shots or it didn't happen.

Also there will probably be some changes in the version I'm working on that will effect skaven like weakend slings and increased price of clanrats.
    AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

Post  AwesomelyK Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:55 am

No! Skaven are fine as is. Why would you nerf them? Quit trying to change everything. Many of the official warbands are solid and need no tweaking. I like the skaven the way they are. I'll play test some more.
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Post  Alec Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm not trying to change everything. Don't be ridiculous.

Consider this: Skaven have better heroes than most warbands, cheaper henchmen that are faster, an extremely cheap and highly effective ranged weapon in the sling, giant rats for throw away troops, a rat ogre, very strong magic, and a warband max size of 20.

Their downsides are they have one less leadership on average, limited hiredsword options, and limited access to armor penetrating weapons. Normally that last one isn't even a downside but if we make armor as cool as it's shaping up to be that could prove to be meaningful. Anyway, all I would do is increase the cost of clanrats to 25 gc and balance slings. Actually, I've been thinking of ways to make the blowpipe a weapon that is actually useful, but maybe they don't even need it. I don't think there are even skaven models with blowpipes.

Also, quick question. How much do you care if I take bucklers out and make it so shields can parry? Try to forget for a second that you rage at every change I suggest and then answer.
    AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

Post  AwesomelyK Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:26 pm

I stand by my opinion that slings do not need to be changed nor do throwing weapons. Clanrats fine make them 25gc won't make much of a difference. Yeah, they have a few downsides which is low leadership, it was proven today, when Mitch and I squared off, he was beast men. Both warbands had a scenario under their belt, and both ten models. Three rounds in and the skaven were running into buildings and hiding. I do not feel I'm being ridiculous, I personally feel you can make radical changes which aren't needed. It's your call though. I actually agree with you on the buckler idea, shields should have parry, but some warbands can't use shields. (i.e skaven) You should really take that into account before you make a change or just change the warband item lists. I'd like for you to actually put helmets back into the game and give them the 4+ save on a D6 against being stunned. My argument for this is that the fact the rare armor that you've implemented is a bitch to get and warbands such as skaven, human and dwarf really need a preventive stun item, since stunned units once engaged and hit are an auto out of action. It's really unfair to the "lesser" warbands. 10gc for Helmets shouldn't be lessened either. Heavy hitting warbands like the beast men and possessed. I've played three scenarios with beast men so far and they are by far a heavy hitting warband now and rarely flail leadership tests. Additionally the armor increases have made them much better. I really wish I had another heavy hitting warband to test against them, I'll probably pull out the chaos marauders and see what happens. So far dwarfs and skaven have proven to be weaker against beasties.
    AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

Post  AwesomelyK Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:32 pm

Street fight scenario.

War logs of Mordheim. Hpim0220

Skaven getting routed.

War logs of Mordheim. Hpim0222

Out of action models.

War logs of Mordheim. Hpim0223
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Post  Alec Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:47 am

I'd like to hear more about how you feel about combat results and fleeing. I could remove the fleeing part and just make it so the winner can do pile in type moves.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:35 am