Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ultra Secret Mordheim Forum

If you can find this you already know too much, and must be eliminated. Good bye.

2 posters

First Impressions: Combat Resolution

AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

First Impressions: Combat Resolution Empty First Impressions: Combat Resolution

Post  AwesomelyK Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:37 am

I decided to field test Alec's modified rule-set. I jumped right into it, by playing a street fight scenario, dwarf warband vs beastmen. First opening combat sequence were two gors and three ungors vs three clansmen and two slayers. 1 critical wound was applied to one slayer, causing the beastmen to win during the combat resolution phase. The slayer was knocked down due to the advance critical hit chart. No extra attacks were inflicted, the fleeing dwarf models which were two clansmen ran into buildings the standing models succeeded the leadership tests, it was very awkward but had some level of realism to it. I'll further play test, but my opinion of Combat Resolution is not required. I do not see the benefit of it only that it will increase game time with more "unit chasing".
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

First Impressions: Combat Resolution Empty Re: First Impressions: Combat Resolution

Post  Alec Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

Seriously? Two dwarf clansmen fled? I thought dwarvees were supposed to be resolute and such.

Anyway I can see how it might get silly with dudes randomly running from the fight only to rejoin next turn or something.

Any ideas how it could made better other than just axing it completely?
    AwesomelyK
    AwesomelyK

First Impressions: Combat Resolution Empty Re: First Impressions: Combat Resolution

Post  AwesomelyK Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 am

Don't worry about axing it, I played around some more and it definitely gets better as the warband's expand. There's pro's and con's to it, a pro being we won't have large model clusters in streets. Ranged models have a chance at evening out melee deadlocks and turning the tide. The only glaring con is that the game is prolonged. You could make it so that the "fleeing" effect is only sustained for one turn, the movement is still 2d6 though. I will say that melee warbands have been significantly improved under the new rules.
    Alec
    Alec
    Admin

Post  Alec Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 am

Well we'll give it a few tries to see how it goes. It may just be more work than it's worth.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm